StreamlineMD is driven by its Mission and guided by its Values. Accordingly, we are interested in candidates that are inspired by our Mission and whose Values are consistent with ours.
We firmly believe that the Radiology and Interventional healthcare providers that we serve are critical to the future of healthcare in America, and that StreamlineMD’s revenue cycle solutions will help them prosper.
If this energizes you, please consider the StreamlineMD job opportunities listed below.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
Job Title: A/R Management Representative
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/ Full-Time
Location: Remote (Work from Home)
Pay: $18 – $22 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Shift & Schedule: Monday to Friday
The A/R Management Representative is responsible for providing quality and efficient services to clients through responsive communications, expedited services, problem resolution, and accurate information. The Representative ensures maximum reimbursement for services rendered by StreamlineMD clients in the most cost-effective manner. The individual in this position represents the client to the payers and patients and may cross train in more than one area of A/R Management. In general, the Representative is responsible for understanding payer specific billing rules related to certain specialties including, but not limited to: Radiology, Endovascular/Interventional Radiology, Interventional Pain Management, and Interventional Vein specialists. The Representative is also responsible for the timely follow up of open claims for their assigned insurance carriers, correcting claim rejections, reviewing denied claims, filling appeals and working special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review accounts for accuracy, CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10 coding, insurance, and demographic set up.
- Perform A/R aging analysis and follow up on accounts due.
- Review A/R work queues daily and resolve open claims.
- Submit claims to primary, secondary, and all applicable third-party insurers.
- Reconcile account credit balances.
- Research when payments are not received.
- Review claim submission rejections daily and resolve with payers and clearinghouses
- Investigate front-end denials to determine why a claim is denied, and what is required to process and pay the claim.
- Resolve denied claims by resubmitting a corrected claim or filing an appeal when appropriate.
- Address discrepancies such as duplicates, modifiers, or incorrect insurance.
- Determine the basis for an appeal, create letter, and fax or mail to the Payer.
- Identify current insurance when denial is based on coverage.
- Keep up with returned mail by searching for current addresses
- Determine denial trends or changes in adjudication results with payers and alert management with findings.
- Contact payers to resolve claims not responded, and to inquire about medical policies.
- Monitor payer websites for news updates and/or changes in medical policies.
- Follow up with insurance company and/or patient as appropriate.
Client / Patient Communication
- Resolve Client Work Tasks in our software as a priority.
- Communicate clearly in emails/notes providing information needed in a friendly, professional manner.
- Initiate and respond to telephone inquiries from patients and insurers.
- Answer inbound client calls with helpful information and follow up if needed.
- Process credit card transactions as needed.
- Follow all related HIPAA privacy regulations and other healthcare compliance regulations as determined by StreamlineMD.
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality for all matters pertaining to any clients, their patients, related documents and computer files.
- A minimum of two (2) years medical billing experience or comparable education.
- Basic knowledge of EOB statements, HCPCS, CPT, and ICD-9 / ICD-10 coding concepts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Computer skills including Excel.
REMOTE WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Residential broadband internet access*
- Suitable in home workspace
- Home office furnishings that meet the corporate Ergonomics Guidelines
* Cable service or fiber optic is the preferred solution. The minimum recommended Internet download speed is 10 Mbps and upload is 1 Mbps (Megabits per seconds). DSL is acceptable. Cellular Hot Spots, Satellite and dial up are not acceptable primary access solutions.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Medical administration technical certificate or Associates in medical or business-related field is desirable.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift. Monday to Friday
- Medical Billing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote